Does your staff spend the day sitting at a workstation?
Are they uncomfortable?
Is their productivity affected?
According to research and experience, the answer is yes! It is imperative that each workstation is set up correctly for the individual.
Poor ergonomics, extended periods of sitting, awkward sitting posture and small repetitive movements can all result in work related pain and in severe cases, Repetitive Strain Injuries such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
The physiotherapists at Ergotherapy have the knowledge of the body and the experience of workplace ergonomics to be experts at assessing every individual’s workstation. This ensures:
- Prevention of injuries
- Management of existing problems.
- Optimal use of equipment
- Maximising of comfort and efficiency
We have a variety of services that can be tailored to each client, whether you are a sole proprietor in a home office, or part of a large corporation.
Benefits of Good Ergonomics
- Improved employee wellbeing
- Improved productivity and performance: see study conducted in South African business in 2008
- Increased awareness of posture, ergonomics and healthy work patterns
- Decreased discomfort in the office
- Reduced absenteeism and ‘presenteeism’ (being at work while sick but not really working)